Suggest treatment for side effects of Ketoconazole
To be more specific this Ketoconazle was proscribed for tinea versicolor.
if effects intolerable , can discontinue, no need to taper
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It is possible that you are experiencing side effects from the ketoconazole.
It can be associated with the side effects that you have mentioned. Everyone reacts differently, some persons may have no effects, some may experience many of the possible side effects.
The medication can be stopped suddenly, it is not one of the meds that need to be tapered off.
You can consider discontinuing it if the effects are intolerable , you would need to speak to your doctor next week to get an alternative eg fluconazole, itraconazole, terbinafine.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nizoral side effects ketoconazole
- Ketoconazole tablets side effects
- Melacare side effect treatment suggested by doctor
- Oral ketoconazole side effects
- Suggest treatment for lisinipril withdrawl side effects
- Suggest treatment for side effects caused by overdose of parecetamol
- Ketoconazole cream side effects
- Suggest treatment for nicotine withdrawal side effects
- Suggest treatment to treat propofol side effects
- Ketoconazole pill side effects