Suggest treatment for side effects of Jantoven

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Mon, 6 Mar 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: side effects of change to Jantoven from warfarin sodium Have developed fatty liver, dark and slow urine, shortness of breath, dizziness, etc.

Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Jantoven is warfarin

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
Jantoven is warfarin sodium so the switch from one brand of warfarin to another should not cause most of the problems you describe. It is possible that it could be a cause if you are allergic to some part of the formulation of Jantoven, but the warfarin in it should be the same.
The change would not be responsible for causing fatty liver. You will need to work with your doctor to figure out the cause and treatment for your fatty liver.
If the fatty liver is severe that could be the cause of your dark urine.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Dr. Robinson