Suggest treatment for side effects of Amlodipine
May be an adverse effect of amlodipine
Dear XXXXXXX XXXX,
Your ankle edemas may be a side effect of amlodopin. But such edema can cause kidney disease as well. Patients with diabetes are at higher risk to develop kidney disease, so I would advise you to have urine analyse done and check serum creatinine and BUN, if these tests come back normal, then we can think for a possible adverse effect of Amlodopin.
Come back if you have any further questions
If your kidney function is normal, then most probably your edemas are a side effect of Amlodipine. It dilates the small vessels of lower extremities and it can cause edemas in some patients.
Anyway for making sure you need to visit your doctor to undergo some examinations.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Side effect on radioactive treatment
- Melacare side effect treatment suggested by doctor
- Side effects of fertility treatment
- Suggest treatment for lisinipril withdrawl side effects
- Driclor side effects treatment
- Suggest treatment for side effects caused by overdose of parecetamol
- Side effects of malaria treatment
- Suggest treatment for nicotine withdrawal side effects
- Suggest treatment to treat propofol side effects
- Side effects of melanocyl treatment