Suggest treatment for shoulder blade pain

Question
Thu, 14 Jun 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vasudha Jayant Athavale 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Deep evaluation/ expert advise & self care would relieve.

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxxxx,
Thank you for using HCM for your health concern.
I have gone through both of your previous queries & what I gather from them is -
You have past history of viral infection of intestines , was treated with very strong medicines......which you doubt has given you your present complaints of severe bloating & pain in right shoulder blade,
I would advise you on this assumption... if you want to ask some thing else... please do clarify & ask in follow up query.
* The severe bloating in abdomen following viral gastroenteritis ( treated with strong medication ) can be -
- Either due to the destruction of normal intestinal flora( post antibiotic )causing digestive disturbance , more gas formation & bloating.
-Or due to Irritable bowel syndrome( that follows viral intestines). Here some irregularity of eating/ infection of bowels cause disturbed bowel habits( loose motions or constipation presenting with indigestion or excessive gas formation.
- Irregular routine, disturbed & insufficient sleep can lead to indigestion & bloating./ also irritable bowel syndrome,
All of the conditions need detailed assessment of digestive system followed by specific management , along with replacement of healthy bacilli ( lactobacilli ) & having ideal life style ( having light, easily digestible small servings of food at small intervals/ avoiding food allergens/ addition of digestive enzymes / specific treatment of food allergies or intestinal infections or infestations,)& also a well set routine life style with 8 hours sound sleep / day
* The nerve ( pain in right shoulder blade)- This could be muscle pain due to bloated abdomen which in turn irritates the diaphragmatic muscles OR may be muscle pains following viral infection.)
The muscle pull/ pain would go with treatment of bloating / physiotherapy/ pain medicine if needful.
** In this context you need-
- Self care-
- have food as advised before,avoid food allergens if diagnosed( lactose/ gluten intolerance/ deflatulents ( Gelusil MPS chewable pills )/ drink lot of boiled water with few drops lemon juice or carminative syrup over the counter./ have physical exercises for half to one hour/ day.
- Consultation of expert.- consult a gastroenterologist for over all check of gastrointestinal system./needful investigations & specific management.
Thus with expert advise & self care you would over come your problem.
I hope i have answered your query. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks.