Suggest treatment for shortness of breath

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: i have had shortness of breath and just had this chest xray completed.and I was hoping you could tell me whether you see any issues with the attached xray.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This chest x ray is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
I have gone through the x ray you have attached.
This chest x ray is normal. No need evidence of consolidation or mass like lesion.
Since you are having shortness of breath, we should rule out bronchitis first.
Chest x ray is almost always normal in the bronchitis.
So better to consult pulmonologist and get done clinical examination of respiratory system and PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).
PFT will not only diagnose bronchitis but it will also tell you about severity of the disease and treatment is based on severity only.
You may need inhaled bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS).
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy