Suggest treatment for shortness of breath

Posted on Thu, 19 Feb 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Whats the best testing to get done for shortness of breath after bending and walking upstairs? To find out what really the cause is?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cardiac Echo is the best examinations...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

The best examinations to find out the exact cause of shortness of breath (dyspnea) is cardiac Echo. Shortness of breath is caused by:
- Heart failure
- Valvular disease
- Ischemic heart disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and pulmonary hypertension.

Cardiac Echo will rule out or in heart failure, valvular disease, pulmonary hypertension and Ischemic heart disease.

Hope this was helpful!
Wish you health!
Dr.Benard
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist