Suggest treatment for shortness of breath despite taking Fluticasone Propionate and Budesonide
After traveling to XXXXXXX from XXXXXXX TX, problem with stuffy head, shortness of breath, dizziness,
Using PRO AIR inhaler, Fluticasone Propionate nasal spray = two sprays once daily, MEDI Rinse twice daily.
No fever. Also use Budesonide nasal spray twice daily.
I have life history of allergies, cochlear implant. Worst allergies dust mite and ragweed. Eustachian tube blockage, etc. Several sinus surgeries in the past. 92 years of age, COPD and emphysema due to allergies in the past. But my meds do not seems to help my breathing problems now. Do I just need to keep on what I am taking and using for a while or get concerned about shortness of breath and dizziness when my breathing gets more difficult. It seems activities worsens my problem. Also a little sinus irritation.
I have moved and not connected with local ENT. But plan to when I get over the dizziness. Am I on the right tract? Thank you.
You may need oral antibiotics and steroids.
Thanks for posting your query on HCM.
You seem to be having worsening of your COPD and allergies due to probably a bout of infection. From your description, It could be sinusitis.
You should take a course of antibiotics. In addition, take a short course of oral steroids like Wysolone 30 mgm daily after food for 5 days for control of your breathing problem. You should take another inhaler like Advair diskus along with Proair for better control of symptom. Take only fluticasone or budesonide nasal spray as they are more or less same. Avoid dust/ smoke and extreme cold climate. No smoking if you are a smoker.
Above measures should help you. But if symptoms continue, please get your heart checked. Also consult your pulmonologist and/ ENT.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Fluticasone propionate nasal spray
- Is fluticasone propionate a steroid
- Azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate
- Fluticasone propionate and weight gain
- Fluticasone propionate blood in snot
- Fluticasone propionate for asthma
- Fluticasone propionate cream uses
- Salmeterol xinafoate fluticasone propionate
- Fluticasone propionate side effects
- Allergic to sulfa can i take fluticasone propionate
- Having cough. Not cured by antibiotic. Started body pain and rashes on...
- Shortness of breath, chest discomfort, fatigue, rising d dimer levels,...
- Breathlessness, coughing, sound while breathing, diagnosed with allergic...
- Chronic cough, wheezing & brownish sputum with metallic taste. Had...
- Extreme fatigue, dry mouth, blurred vision, hair loss, frequent...
- Having chest pain, coughing with phlegm, feeling throat irritation....
- Experiencing pain in upper chest. Hurts while breathing or moving. What...
- 9 year child stung by bee on arm. Skin gets red and hard. What cure...
- Diagnosed with bacterial bronchitis. On medication. No fever, having...
- May I know the reason for pneumonia and symptoms?