question-icon

Suggest treatment for shortness of breath and wheezing while having a hiatus hernia

Posted on Mon, 18 Jul 2016
Question: I have a hiatus hernia though do not suffer from heartburn or indigestion but have suffer from shortness of breath and wheezing. I create a clear watery mucus than that develops during the night and during the day when I exert myself. Could this be waterbrash? XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Get done ECG and 2d echo.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
No need to worry for lung related diseases as your lung function test is normal.
Heart failure and coronary artery disease (CAD) can also cause similar symptoms like wheezing, shortness of breath etc.
So get done ecg and 2d echo to rule out heart diseases.
I don't think it is due to waterbrash.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist