Suggest treatment for shingles

Posted on Fri, 11 Apr 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: Enduring Shingles plus my restless leg (existing for years) and prescribed Gabapentin 100 MG cap., Trazodone 50mg tab., RopiniroleHCL 0.25mg ta. But rarely have a good night sleep. Had acute Bronchtis before attacked with Shingles.How much longer will I possibly suffer?
Answered by Dr. Eris Ranxha 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Probably till three months Detailed Answer: Dear Thanks for sharing with healthcaremagic. Theoretically the symptoms you are suffering goes till three months; but you can increase the dosage of gabapentin to relieve pain. Discuss with your treating doctor. If needed it can be continued as long as one lives, it has very little side effects. (hepatic enzymes must be controlled) Hope I had helped you Wish all the best Regards Dr Eris Ranxha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Eris Ranxha 38 minutes later
Thank you for your prompt answer. How long before I am able to take the shingle shot?
Answered by Dr. Eris Ranxha 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not now Detailed Answer: Dear it can be risky taking the shot know. You have to be fully healed to think about vaccination! In my opinion don't think about vaccination at least for the next three months and before consult your infectionist! Hope my answer helps you Best regards Dr Eris Ranxha Neurologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Eris Ranxha 14 minutes later
Thank you once again for your quick reply. Others have commented that I may require a five year wait. However, I will consult my physician. Have a great day while Spring smiles on us briefly.
Brief Answer: All the best to you too Detailed Answer: Dear you will be fine, medicine isn't math so you don't have to worry, it is treatable and recovery will come much faster than you expect. Wish you all the best Sincerely Dr Eris Ranxha
Follow up: Dr. Eris Ranxha 32 minutes later
Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Eris Ranxha 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you too Detailed Answer: Wish you all the best Dr Eris
Dr. Eris Ranxha

Neurologist