• question-icon

Suggest treatment for shingles

Posted on Wed, 12 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I was diagnosed with shingles in April. I've been on anti viral meds & steroids (on & off) for the past 8 weeks. For the past 4 days my neck, ears are swollen and red (it looks as if I've been burned). I am broke out on the front of my upper chest & lower right rib cage. I have the bumps/blisters. They burn, sting & itch horribly. My neck is not broken out its just bright red & swollen. It burns & itches. It also feels like I'm being stung by ants. Is all this shingles?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Upload an image for review!

Detailed Answer:

I will kindly suggest that you upload an image for review. This way, I can see the look of your neck and weigh in on a personalized tone. Without reviewing the changes you have reported, I might provide a generic response that might not be helpful to you. Where exactly did you have shingle on your body?

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.
Dr. Ivo Ditah