• question-icon

Suggest treatment for shingles on the left knee

Posted on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have several tiny cluster of bumps above my left knee that resembles a cold sore that I would get on my lip from time to time when I was getting sick. I have never had it anywhere else besides near my lip. I have soiled the same thing I usually use on my lip on the area and put a bandage on it and it's still there after 5 days.
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Discussion folllows

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
The fluid filled cluster lesions on the knee can be due several reasons varying from allergic reactions to infections like impetigo and shingles. It is very unlikely to be due to herpes simplex causing the cold sores near the lips. If you have had chicken pox in the past, it may be due to herpes zoster or shingles. Impetigo due to a bacterial infection is also common.
Please upload a picture so that I would be able to advise you regarding the most likely cause and then we can think of an appropriate treatment.

Do get back to me if you have further queries.
Dr. Noble Zachariah