Suggest treatment for shaving rashes on the face

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Before some days, i started shaving my face (earlier i was using a trimmer on my face). Each time I shaved I got rashes and itch even when I am using separate new blades, new products and not used by any one else in my family. Is it not normal in starting, since I shaved only 3-4 times till date ? Now I switched my regular shaving cream with sensitive shaving cream, but rashes occurred. For now I am applying some aloe vera gel, along with 2 drops of tree tea oil. Rashes are mostly on neck part and not on face.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ddue to shaving

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome to HCM. Thanks for writing kn to us. The rashes you are experiencing are due to shaving . It is quite normal to experience rashes in the starting phase of shaving , so there is nothing to worry about. Just use aloe vera gel and avoid use of after shaves.It will take some time to go away as your skin gets used to the razor. Regatds Dr Manisha Jain.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng