Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the left abdomen

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I get this weird feeling like something moves in my lower left abdomen when I inhale and exhale my stomach. Sometimes don't have. I did have a sharp pain that came and go but didn't happen after I took my gastritis meds. So could it just be gas cause I am quite gassy these few days. And seems to happen when I have gas
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hernia can be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Such symptom can be caused by inguinal hernia. Especially if the pain appears also while coughing or lifting heavy objects.
If you are thin person it is also possible that you feel bloated sigmoid colon due to gas presence.

I suggest you to have abdominal ultrasound done to rule out possible hernia.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 18 minutes later
Hi nope it doesn't happen when I cough or do heavy lifting
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bloated sigmoid colon can be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Than you may be able to feel bloated sigmoid colon. Especially that you have a problem with gases. Ovaries issue should be also considered.
To solve problems with gas, please start probiotic intake, avoid sugar rich products and add some probiotic to your diet. If this wont help, consider having stool test and stool culture test.
You should also consult gynecologist.