Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the chest

Dr. Rishu Saxena

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 28 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: I am currently having a sharp pain that comes and goes in my chest area right below the left breast. The pain is also in my left arm in the tricept area as well as in my left shoulder blade area. It has been off and on again for the last 2-3 days. I had 2 different procedures in the summer of 2014 that required a total of 4 stents, 2 on the right and 2 on the left. I used my nitro last evening and the pain subsided for a while but has returned.
Answered by Dr. Rishu Saxena 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Classical angina.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through you details.

If chest pain is responding to nitrates its cardiac in origin.As pain is there off and on radiating to back and arms most likely its stable angina.Immediate stress thallium or Check angiogram should be done by your cardioogist to rule out possibility of partial stent thrombosis which may progress to complete thrombosis in near future causing a massive heart attack.
Advice
Its angina may be due to formation of a new blockage or may be due to partial stent thrombosis.Classical angina responds to nitrates.
Immediate consultation should be done with your cardiologist and A planned angiogram(check angio) should be done.

Don't neglect the pain,Its angina.

If you have more questions,I would be happy to help you.

Thank you,
Dr Rishu Saxena
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad