Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the abdomen and headache

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hello,
My name is Esperanza Garcia and my question is why when I eat something I have sharp pain in my upper abdomen and I have very bad headaches as well.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be stomach ulcer...please provide following additional information...

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I understand your concern.

Let me recapitalize your case:
- 19 years old female
- symptoms: when eat something, get sharp pain in upper abdomen and very bad headaches
- ran EDG so far: concluded you have bacteria

Now, if you could send a copy of your tests reports and EDG result, it could be great as it will give a hand in understanding your current health problems further. I'd be grateful if you could send the name of meds you have been using so far.

Next, from what you are reporting, the sharp pain you have in your upper abdomen after eating is suggestive of stomach ulcer. H.pylori infection is often associating ulcer, and could explain the presence of bacteria found by EDG.

If confirmed, the treatment consists of multiple approaches:
- diet changes : no spicy/chilly/fried/oily foods;
- lifestyle changes: have frequent meals and small portions; chew up slowly; have your dinner at least 4 hours before bedtime
- medications: triple therapy with antibiotics + antacids and PPIs are often recommended

Hope this helps.
Dr.Albana