Suggest treatment for sharp pain in testicle

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: Hello, I am 23 years old and I believe I have some kind of mild nerve injury from sexual intercourse. I have been experiencing a very mild but persistent discomfort for about 6 months. At first I though I was feeling a slight soreness in my left testicle, but after examining myself I realized that the soreness was coming from underneath the base of my penis, very "deep" inside, almost in the "inner" part of my penis underneath the testicles. I realized that by massaging the area firmly with my fingers, and avoiding sex/masturbation for the next day or so, the soreness would dissapear.

However, a few days later, when I was having sex with my partner (she was on top) I felt a sudden tingling sensation down my left leg and into my left ankle. It wasn't painful at all, it just felt like a very weak "electric" current in my ankle that responded directly to the pressure/movement of sexual intercourse on my penis. Ever since then, I have noticed a very persistent but dull "ache" in my left ankle, and the ache in the base of my penis returned ocassionally. When I massage my left ankle (applying a lot of pressure) I feel an immediate "tingling" response down my left foot and toes. My ankle area can ache a lot after long periods of time standing up or walking, and I often have to massage the area at night if I have been active during the day. Sometimes when I have rough sex, in certain positions, I can still feel a random, non-painful "tingling current" sensation in my left ankle area. This has persisted for about six months, but I have not experienced any sharp pain or any kind of inflammation. It is always either a very dull ache in the "inner" base of my penis or a sore, "tingly" ankle, or both. I can have perfectly normal erections, but rough sex can often increase these symptoms.

When I tried applying heavy pressure while massaging my ankle area, I did feel a sharp pain, but with consistent, deep massaging of the area this pain has gone away. However, I am still left with a very slight, chronic numbness/tingle in my left ankle area that seems to be directly related to the frequency of my sexual activity (including masturbation).
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I think it is over concern

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description it appears to me that the simple body experiences are perceived as disease although there is no such evidence for disease.

For example on pressing near ankle and feeling sharp pain I like to inform you that the pain is due to pressing over the nerve. You can get same experiences through out body where ever there are superficial nerves.

Like another example feeling a tingling sensation during sex can occur due to pressure over nerve but it does not mean that the nerve is damaged.

Although I must not be so much confident while declining presence of nerve injury but there is no such evidence of nerve injury from the available description.

In my view it will be appropriate to ignore such trivial symptoms as they tend to occur to almost all of us but in some different ways.

I hope this helps you.
Thanks and regards.