Suggest treatment for sharp pain in knee
Further information required.
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for you question.
I will need some further information to help answer your question.
1) Did you any kind of injury over your knee?
2) Is your knee tender in any particular area?
3) Is it swollen?
4) Is there any clicking in your knee?
5) Has it been giving way?
6) Since when you are having sharp knee pain?
Kindly get back to me,
Take antiinflammatory for symptommatic relief.
Thanks for the reply.
Your symptoms seems to be temporary and it may get improved spontaneously.
In the meantime I would advise to take a regular anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen or naproxen if you have no contraindications to such drugs, and complete rest to your knee.
It is likely to be having a knee effusion i.e. some fluid in your knee joint. This can have many causes such as a viral infection to a very minor tear in one of the menisci in the knee.
If your symptoms persist for more that 2-3 weeks or worsen significantly then it would be advisable to seek a medical assessment and opinion from orthopedic doctor at which time an X-ray will be indicated (make sure they take the AP standing ), followed by an MRI scan if the diagnosis is not obvious.
I hope this answers your question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sharp pain in knee after running
- Sharp pain from groin to knee
- Treatment of clitoris sharp pain
- Sharp pain in knee nuvaring
- Suggest treatment fpr sharp pain under the little toe
- What is the treatment for sharp pain in abdomen
- Sharp pain behind the knee
- Treatment and cure for sharp pain
- Sharp pain after knee replacement
- Sharp pains in annus and treatment