Suggest treatment for sharp pain in hip while resting
see a orthopedician or rheumatologist
As per your history it seems that you have greater trochenter bursitis. Unfortuantely without an opportunity to physically examine you, I can only provide an opinion and not confirmation. I will suggest that you see a doctor who will perform an examination and perhaps order for hip X-ray.
In the meanwhile you might try tylenol 650mg tablets and see if it helps as you are allergic to ibuprofen. If that doesn't help, there are prescription drugs that will help. You will receive those from your doctor.
Hope this will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sharp pain hip socket
- Treatment of clitoris sharp pain
- Sharp pain on hip bone
- Sharp pain in resting leg
- Bleeding hip sharp pain
- What is the treatment for sharp pain in abdomen
- Pulsating sharp pains in hip
- Treatment and cure for sharp pain
- Sharp pain in leg while resting
- Sharp pains in annus and treatment