Suggest treatment for sharp muscular pain in the right leg

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Sat, 25 Mar 2017 in Blood Disorders
Question: Hello,

I have pain and tenderness on my right calf, inside left side, medial side i think. It started today, about 10 hours ago. It is sharp at times intermittently and comes and goes. No other symptoms, i am reasonably active and exercise 3-4 times a week with yoga and running - the tenderness is about 3 or 4 out of 10 with 10 being extreme pain, when i press on the tender local area. I thought it muscle pain and feels better when i stretch the calf but was worried whether it could be DVT or a clot - HR is 65-70 RHR all day and no other symptoms at all. I can walk without pain but from time to time i feel a sharp pain for a second or 2 - kindly advise me - i have atached images as well. No discoloration or major swelling. Thank you kindly for this great service and your expertise
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be simple muscular pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

You have calf pain. But from your history it's looks like simple muscular pain in calf. It is very common. It is mild type of pain and releived by starching.

I have gone through your attached images. No any swelling or redness is there. It doesn't look any serious condition.

You just wait for a day or two. It will be cured by itself Is you can take analgesic drug.

If your pain remains persistent then you need examination. I need to examine pulsation in your lower leg arteries. But right now it doesn't looks like DVT or clot.

Wait for some time. Give me follow up.

Hope I have answered your question.
If you have doubts then feel free to ask me.
I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 13 hours later
Thanks Dr Sanghvi

I woke up this am and it is ten fold better - i did one hour of Vinyasa yoga. However it is still tender when i press on the medial side of the calf but a 2 or 3 out of 10 so it looks like its getting better.

Thanks for your guidance and assurance, i will minotor it and update you tomorrow as well
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
OK. Nothing much is required

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

Your pain is decreasing and that is a good sign. Just watch it for a day or two. Nothing much is required.

Hope I have answered your question.
I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D