Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for sexual paraphilia

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1853 Questions
Why have I always had an overwhelming desire to share my current wife/ past wife /past girlfriends with other men, by either watching or by joining in.?? My wife and I often role play that I am some guy we know, having sex with her. She shares the desire but has not done it often. I/we have even done it a few times........But why would I be like this? Most people would be insanely jealous , but I like watching her with another man or three-way. Always have, yet I am not XXXXXXX and have never touched a male. I like seeing her do that.. But why am I not like other men who would never share their wife, or even want to??
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress. Important aspects of your query are: • 55 year old male • Known case of depression and nervousness. • Currently on: wellbutrin and Lipitor • Complaints of: problem of enjoying watching wife having sex with others. From the history it appear that you are suffering from sexual paraphilia. Paraphilia meanss the experience of intense sexual arousal to atypical objects, situations, or individuals (like your wife with others). There is no consensus among clinicians to consider it as an illness, so no consensus regarding treatment also. It frequently lead to significant personal and social distress. Which may lead to anxiety and depression like in your case. There is no cure for them. But following treatments are suggested for sexual paraphilia to reduce suffering: -Treatment of stress, anxiety and depression due to the paraphilia. You are already on wellbutrin for its treatment. I would prefer SSRI medicine like Fluoxetine as apart from depression it will reduce paraphilia impulse. -Psychotherapy and supportive therapy from nearby psychologist. -Antiandrogenic drugs such as medroxyprogesterone to reduce sex drive. I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups. Wish you good health. Regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor