Suggest treatment for severely chapped lips

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi doctor!
So i had adked this question earlier about my chapped lips. As per doc suggestion, neospirin did help me but dependent on it. Two after i stop it they arr back to normal. Edges become cracked and mouth becomes hard to open. After having a meal, they get cracked for opening mouth two wide. Lower lip bottom get cracked and start bleed. Is there something that can completely heal this?
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chapped lips

Detailed Answer:
Thank you fro returning to HCM with your medical problems

You talked to me last time about your chapped lips and you found that the neosporin did help but you were dependent on the neosporin. Unfortunately this is a problem with using any product on your lips chronically. Your lips have become dependent on supplements. The only way for you to not use a product is to suffer through the chapped lips until your bodies own oils start to produce again. I also suggested using vitamin E oil may help with the skin.

I hope this answers your question. Please contact us again if you have any additional questions