Suggest treatment for severe whole body itching

Dr. V. N. S. Parinam

Posted on Thu, 22 Sep 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: WHY DO I ITCH ALL THE TIME,,,UNBEARABLE. I HAVE TAKEN ECTOCIN FOR DIAHERRIA.
I AM ON OMIODORONE, TOO..FOR MY HEART. I FEEL I AM ALLERGIC TO DRUGA\S. COULD THAT BE IT???
Answered by Dr. V. N. S. Parinam 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dry skin may be from medications.

Detailed Answer:

Medicines are known to cause urticaria, dry skin and thus lead to itching.
The above medications can cause dryness of the skin and lead to itching. Do you have dry skin? If yes please apply oil of petrolatum or vaseline and check if this helps you from itching.
If you do not have dry skin you should better meet a Dermatologist(skin specialist) for determining the cause of the itch.

Hope this direction helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj