Suggest treatment for severe vomiting

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi. i had my last menstrual cycle by 28dec 2016. We had unprotected sex by XXXXXXX 2. But it was not complete act. My partner says he is confident that he dint come .also i took postpone 72 the next day morning. I had bleeding once again on XXXXXXX 7 and it continued til XXXXXXX 9. but the flow was not as much as regular flow. But i dint get my periods til today. Is there a chance of me becoming pregnant by any chance?? Also since yesterday i feel a vomiting sensation after consuming food alone.is this due to pills or due to any other reason? This has created panic. Can u pls clear my doubt if by any chnace i can be pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Taking emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse prevents pregnancy in 95-98% cases.
It can delay the next periods by 2-3 weeks.
Your periods are likely to be delayed by the pill.
However, since the pill is not 100% effective, then you should get a urine pregnancy test to rule out any pregnancy.
If negative, then you can safely wait for the periods for another 2 weeks.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
thank u for ur reply. But my concern is as per ur suggesstion do i take the home urine test now or should i wait some more time to know a clear result?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy test today

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
You can get a urine pregnancy test today to confirm the diagnosis.
Pregnancy test is confirmatory anytime 14-16 days after intercourse.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 9 hours later
I had taken a home pregnancy test on Sunday night and it was negative. But as per ur suggestions do I take 1 more home pregnancy test again XXXXXXX early morning to check?? Is this wat u mean doctor.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Yes, you should repeat the test tomorrow.
If negative, then there is nothing to worry.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy