Suggest treatment for severe vomiting and persistent diarrhea
I have never had this happen to me before and I am extremely concerned. please help me if you can. Thank you.
Thanks for posting query at HCM.
Firstly, green color maybe imparted to stool content due to two reasons:
1. bile does not have ample time to breakdown as food maybe moving through intestine too quickly due to diarrhea. (bile acids/bile salts breakdown impart yellow to brown color to the stool.)
2. chlorophyll in spinach may have given the green color to stool
Secondly, History of new onset diarrhea (as in your case) usually has two causes:
1. Food poisoning
2. Infectious diarrhea (many bacteria are causative agents ( salmonella, E.Coli and so on)BUT one of them being Clostridium difficile that may invade intestine during antibiotic exposure).
Your history is NOT suspicious for other causes of diarrhea as you did not travel, did not do camping, did NOT ingest food that maybe unhygienic. However, Home prepared food that was not properly warmed after being refrigerated may cause diarrhea too.
Cause of the diarrhea can only be confirmed by doing stool test/culture and cytotoxin test for clostridium.
Fasting is the best remedy for explosive diarrhea. Avoiding ingestion of food for few hours helps alot.
1. eat banana (one at a time)
2. "mix isphagula husk in yogurt and ingest it"
3. Avoid sweet food and junk food and Oily food
4. avoid meat and green leafy vegetables for coupe of days
5. eat limited food in regular intervals. Avoid food rich in fiber until diarrhea is resolved
Above all, remain "hydrated". Drink boiled water. or take OTC Oral Rehydration Solution XXXXXXX and mix in water.
Health professionals aim to diagnose properly and manage patients according to their limited knowledge. Cure is blessed by the ONE who Created us, whose power and knowledge is unlimited .
Hope to answer your concern.
Any further questions are welcome.
Wish you good and sound health.
Dr Tayyab Malik
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe vomiting with diarrhea is it food poisoning
- Persisting diarrhea post treatment history of diverticulitis help
- Severe vomiting and pain in legs prescribed zophran suggestion
- Persistent diarrhea in adults
- Treatment and cure for Severe vomiting
- Treatment of sever vomiting in the first 8 weeks
- Persistent diarrhea stomach pain
- Is it normal to get persisting diarrhea after gastric
- Severe vomiting sever diarrhea severe leg pain
- Persistent diarrhea with mucus