Suggest treatment for severe vomiting and nausea when diagnosed with type-2 diabetes
Likely Victoza induced side effects.
Noted your concern.
From your symptms, it is likely that Victoza is the culprit. Victoza is known to cause slwoing of bowel movements , induce nausea and vomiting. I would suggest that you please meet your doctor to do few tests ( Liver function tests, serum amylase, Lipase, serum creatnine and electrolytes).
Metformin also can cause stomach upset. Usually i would slowly increase the dose to 2 gram over 2 months.
It would be better to reduce the dose of Victoza to 1.2 mg and reduce Metformin to 1 gram. In the interim, please get the tests done which i mentioned earlier.
For relief of symptoms, you may take Omeprazole and Domperidone.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Type 2 diabetes insulin treatment
- What treatment is suggested for type 2 diabetes
- Treatment for type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes drugs treatment
- Suggest treatment for type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus and cold laser treatment
- Suggest medication for type 2 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes natural treatment
- Suggest diet for type 2 diabetes
- Suggest ayurvedic treatment for type 2 diabetes