• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe vertigo and panic attacks

Posted on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi Doctor,
Iam feeling vertigo since past 2-3 weeks.It comes suddenly and then goes. but since yesterday its very scary fro me as I had it suddenly while I was working at my desk. I felt weak after that and my head is heavy too. I had pain at the nape of my neck after that and I felt warm sensation there as well.
Im a patient of panic attacks and taking medicine for that too since past 3 months.
I have disc bulging in cervical I guess C5 and C6 and a pinched nerve near shoulder blade.
My brain MRI was done 5-6 months back and everything was fine.

Please help me as I dont know what is causing this.

Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
panic attack

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HealthcareMagic,

I do understand your concern

With such a presentation in my clinic, I would first rule out panic attack as you have already been diagnosed with it and taking medications before going to any other possibilities. So take treatment for it as suggested by your doctor with psychotherapy and medications and do regular exercise or physical activity which may protect you from anxiety.

As you have already done MRI scan and no finding detected so no major pathology present. So nothing to be worried about it at all.

Hope that helps, please let me know if you have further questions before meeting your primary care Doctor.

Thanks and wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Thank you so much doctor.
But, is it possible to have a vertigo (upside down feeling) in panic attack? I get pain as well after at back of head and front nose.

Is it panic attack only?
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Panic attack

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your follow up query on HCM

"As" per your question i may say that it is due to panic attack only so do take all your medications as before and nothing to worried at all.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo