• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe vaginal pain

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I have intense vaginal pain,
. It feels sore and inflamed, even my clitoris is sore. I also have cronic constipation or the runs. I don't have a UTI or a yeast infection. I went to the gynecologist. She won't give me hormones until I see a gastroenterologist next month. Is there anything I can get OTC besides vagisil or cortisone cream which doesn't help me? I'm a 66 year old miserable female.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX butter can help.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The soreness and inflammation that you have is likely to be due to estrogen deficiency that causes vaginal dryness and irritation. The only way to help this is by local application of estrogen cream. You can use XXXXXXX butter also to help decrease the dryness. Avoid using any soap in the area.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
She won't let me have any estrogen cream till I see a gastroenterologist. I can only get an appt next month. What else can I use? Is coconut oil ok. ?

She won't give me any for a month until I see my gastrointestinal dr. Can I use coconut oil.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. You can use it.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.

You can use coconut oil or XXXXXXX butter. It will help in reducing the inflammation.
Hope my answer is helpful.

Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN