• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for severe vaginal pain

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I have intense vaginal pain,
. It feels sore and inflamed, even my clitoris is sore. I also have cronic constipation or the runs. I don't have a UTI or a yeast infection. I went to the gynecologist. She won't give me hormones until I see a gastroenterologist next month. Is there anything I can get OTC besides vagisil or cortisone cream which doesn't help me? I'm a 66 year old miserable female.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: XXXXXXX butter can help.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The soreness and inflammation that you have is likely to be due to estrogen deficiency that causes vaginal dryness and irritation. The only way to help this is by local application of estrogen cream. You can use XXXXXXX butter also to help decrease the dryness. Avoid using any soap in the area.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
She won't let me have any estrogen cream till I see a gastroenterologist. I can only get an appt next month. What else can I use? Is coconut oil ok. ?

She won't give me any for a month until I see my gastrointestinal dr. Can I use coconut oil.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. You can use it.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.

You can use coconut oil or XXXXXXX butter. It will help in reducing the inflammation.
Hope my answer is helpful.

Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Answered by
Dr. Rakhi Tayal


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 13800 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Vaginal dryness

doctor1 MD

I am 59, female, what can i do for vaginal dryness and odor?

doctor1 MD

Hello! I am a 61 year old female who is experiencing post-menopausal bleeding four years after menopause . I delivered two babies and then had my...

doctor1 MD

Great! I had a vagiocopoplexy done in 2012. A hysterectomy when I was 25. I am currently 62 years old. Yesterday when intimate with my husband I...

doctor1 MD

It's embarrassing i have not had sex about 2 1/2 years Due to The Vagina dryness which is very bad It feels if I did want sex even for the penis to...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

160 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Rakhi Tayal
  • Q - Sex after candid v3 treatment

  • Q - What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?

  • Q - What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?

  • Q - What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?

  • Q - Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...

  • Q - Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?

  • Q - Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy

  • Q - Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...

  • Q - Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...

  • Q - What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...