Suggest treatment for severe vaginal itching
It is atrophic vaginitis, nothing wrong with you.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
First of all, please relax.
There is most probably nothing wrong with you.
You are post menopausal and not sexually active since a long time.
You are most likely having a condition called - atrophic vaginitis.
Due to post menopausal local hormone deficiency plus sexual inactivity, the vaginal tissues become dry, brittle, friable and they itch badly.
That explains the itch around your clitoris that you have off and on.
Also, since you are having intercourse after a long time, it is natural that there will be dryness, friction, rubbing and burning.
Your boyfriend would find it uncomfortable too due to the dry and rough vaginal tissue.
It is natural and something that is expected to happen at this age, to any woman.
He needs to be patient and understanding if the relationship has to get over this.
This problem can be remedied.
But it is important for you to see a gynecologist and get this diagnosis confirmed.
I have made the diagnosis solely based on your symptoms, but it needs visual confirmation ( by examining you ).
The treatment is 2 pronged - local estrogen gel / cream , and lots of lubrication during sex.
Coupled with a loving, positive partner, lots of foreplay and positive thinking.
Hope this helps !
Please feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe internal vaginal itching no discharge
- Treatment and cure for vaginal itching
- How to treat severe vaginal itch
- Betnovate ointment is for vaginal itching treatment?
- What is the cause and treatment for vaginal itching
- Vaginal itching and peeling std tests came negative suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for vaginal itching
- Mirena causing severe vaginal itching
- Vaginal itching treatment during pregnancy
- What is the treatment for vaginal itching