Suggest treatment for severe tiredness and nausea

Dr. Remy Koshy

Posted on Fri, 31 Mar 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I am feeling very tired since yesterday. and a lot of yawning even I have slept for 8-9 hours for last 2 days. also feeling little nausea sometimes in the day.
What can be the reason?
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Require a few more details related,

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting your query in HealthcareMagic,

Before I could guide you any further, I would like to know a few more details related:

- do you have any features like blocked nose, recurring sinusitis, snoring while sleeping, decreased motivation, body pains?

- have you done any tests for thyroid hormones, anemia, testosterone?

- any recent travel to a different zone?

Kindly revert back with any additional details so that I will be able to help you.

Awaiting your response at the earliest,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 10 minutes later
Please find the answers in line:

No.

No.

No.
But I have just done a trek on last weekend.

Is this related to heart?
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explained below..

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
Thanks for writing back,

From the description that you have given, prolonged fatigue could be due to causes like abnormal thyroid functioning, low supply of oxygen to the brain due to causes limited to the airways or also could be due to low hemoglobin.

I would suggest you to get some basic investigations done which involves a complete hemogram, thyroid profile and if possible to look for the testosterone levels.

I would not be concerned of any cardiac issues, as fatigue would not be the prominent symptom.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to consume a well balanced diet comprising of greens and fruits. Avoid any form of stress. Drink a glass of milk with little turmeric in it, before going to bed. Also avoid any habits like smoking or alcohol.

Keep me posted on the test outcomes,

I hope I have answered to your query,

Please feel free to revert back,

Follow up: Dr. Remy Koshy 1 hour later
Thank You.
Answered by Dr. Remy Koshy 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back,

Keep me posted on any further updates.
Wishing you a good health,