Suggest treatment for severe throat pain

Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist

Posted on Fri, 6 Nov 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hello Doctor,
I am 34 year old male.
Recently I got fever, cold, cough an throat pain. Its due to viral fever.
My tonsils are removed long time back and i frequently get throat pain because of which i am not able to eat. it pains while eating.

I have seen many doctors but want to fix this permanently. currently also i am felling better but throat pain is still there.

Any medicines that you can suggest or any other treatment for this?

Thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be suffering from the pharyngitis.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your query; it suggests that you may be suffering from the pharyngitis.

I personally suggest you
1. Tablet Sultamicillin tosilate 375mg twice a day
2. Tablet Fexofenadine 120mg once a day and
3. Hexidine mouth gargles twice a day
For at least five days, if the condition persists after that then you may go for throat swab culture & antibiotic sensitivity and laryngoscopy for better management after consulting with your doctor.

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina