Suggest treatment for severe throat pain and left-sided tenderness on the neck
About your throat pain:
Hello and welcome,
I am sorry about your throat pain. Please consider checking your temperature.
Throat pain can be from post nasal drainage from a cold or other virus.
It can also be from strep pharyngitis. And this needs an antibiotic because of the risk of complications from strep.
There are other causes of throat pain such as abcesses or stone/inclusion cyst but as your pain gets somewhat better during the day, these are less likely.
If you feel like the throat pain is from drainage from sinuses, gargle with warm salt water, such on honey, eat soup, and consider nasal salt water rinses (can buy at drug store).
But it might be a good idea, from your description, to go have your throat looked at and swabbed. A rapid strep test can be done immediately in the clinic and if negative, the swab can be sent for culture. But rapid strep tests are quite accurate. Throats are easy enough to look at and know what you are dealing with (virus, strep, etc). So please do consider going in to an urgent care clinic tonight or your doctor's office tomorrow.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for shoulder and neck pain
- Suggest treatment for severe neck and shoulder pain
- What is the treatment for pain in neck and throat
- Suggest treatment for throat pain
- Suggest treatment for neck pain
- Suggest treatment for severe back and neck pain
- Suggest treatment for severe neck pain
- What is the treatment for severe throat pain
- Treatment and cure for Severe neck pain
- Treatment and cure for throat/neck pain