Suggest treatment for severe throat infection
She needs to be reviewed by an ENT specialist
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
Based on the history you have shared, such repeated incidences arise the suspicion of allergic exacerbations but at the same time partially treated infection can also recurr repeatdely. The right approach would be to have throat, and blood cultures alongwith chest Xray and Xrays of Paranasal sinuses. If sputum production is also accompanied with her infections if can also be tested for cultures and gram staining. I would suggest that if your GP hasn't come with a permanent solution, get a review by an ENT specialist to get her throat and tonsils examined in detail alongwith any signs of deviated nasal septum to rule structural causes of her infections. Meanwhile avoiding direct exposure to cold, keep her head warm and using hot beverages and fluids alongwith steam inhalations twice or thrice daily with saline water gargles may also help to reduce recurrences. If all these appear to be normal she might be given anti histamine for long term use but after a detailed review by an ENT specialist. Hoping her a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe throat infection
- Suggest treatment for uvulitis with throat infection
- Suggest treatment for throat infection and cough
- Suggest treatment for throat infection
- Symptoms of severe throat infection
- Remedy for severe throat infection and continuos coughing
- Diagnosis of severe throat infection
- Treatment and cure for severe throat infection
- Drugs/medication for severe throat infection
- Severe throat infection causes