Suggest treatment for severe swelling in the face

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 7 Mar 2017 in Lump
Question: What might cause a significantly swollen face and eyes and also an itchy rash in the groin and under the rms?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks to be an allergic reaction

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Male/ 69 - swollen face, eyes, itchy rash in groin and under the arms - started as mild swelling in in one eye yesterday...
With the short history this looks to be an allergic reaction to some allergen.
Keen observation by you and your family can know the causative factors.
Take an antihistamine and see the results.
If no relief you may have to see the Doctor for proper clinical evaluation and proper additional management with prescription based medications and to rule out diabetes, blood pressure and such medical problems.

I hope, this answers your query, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.