Suggest treatment for severe sun burn on face of a child

Pediatrician
Question
My 4yr old has a severe sun burn to his face. his face is swollen with slight discoloration and some blistering. He has been quite fatigued throughout the day, otherwise has been a real trooper. I have been using aloe soothing gel. Should I take him to his pediatrician?
Posted Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Meera Kotecha 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
at present not required.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for using health care magic.
In my opinion you should continue to apply aloe gel. In addition to that also apply calamine lotion to the affected area.
Keep the area clean.
If the blisters do not heal or become infected then see your doctor.
For his tiredness, he may be deficient in iron.
You may give him iron rich foods like green leafy veggies yellow fruits etc. Or iron supplements.
I hope I have helped you
If you have further queries please feel free to ask
Thank you.
Dr. Meera kotecha