Suggest treatment for severe stomach pain

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I get stomach pain on the right and left side of my stomach below my ribs...what can it be?
Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possible pancreatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

Well, it is hard to say and in most cases this is related to gastritis, GERD or gallbladder issue but also, pancreatitis may manifest on this way. If this is associated with nausea, vomit, fever or jaundice then you need to see doctor as soon as possible and do pancreatic enzymes, ultrasound of pancreas and gallbladder and check inflammatory markers.
If there is just pain then this is not urgent and you can do ultrasound and gastroscopy later. In every case, you should continue with antiacid medications, have easier diet (no alcohol, coffee, fatty and dried food, no carbonated drinks). Wish you good health. Regards