Suggest treatment for severe stomach pain and vomiting

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Accident and Emergency
Question: I have eaten something with cashews in it and I now have severe stomach pain (burning and pain) and it comes in cycles of 20-30 minutes and has been happening for the past 4 hours. I also have a runny nose and and weird feeling in my mouth along with diarrhea and some vomiting. Is there anything I can take that would relieve the stomach pain? I know the cashews are the problem because I have always had the same reaction my entire life.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Omeprazole.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic,

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

You can use omeprazole to relieve the stomach pain and your overall condition.

Get plenty if fluids too.

If there is no improvement after few hours, get evaluated by your primary care Doctor.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy