Suggest treatment for severe stomach ache
Yes you can,Please provide a brief history
Thanks for the query
I have few queries like
1) For how many days ache is there?
2) How severe the ache is?Is the pain severe enough to disturb sleep or daily activities?
3)Where exactly the pain is i.e. upper abdomen,lower abdomen,around umbilicus?
4) Is there any other associated symptoms like vomiting,urinary problem or abdominal distension?
Bifilac contains probiotic (normal healthy gut bacteria) and can be used in any condition except few like necrotising enterocolitis. So there is no harm in giving Bifilac but I can not justify it's use in pain abdomen.
If pain is not severe, not associated with vomiting or urinary problem then mild antispasmodic agent like dicyclomine (colicaid/coaid) will help as most of the time the exact cause of pain abdomen is not known in such cases and it get relieved with this treatment.
But as causes of pain abdomen can vary from mild to life threatening condition the exact management will depend on the proper history and clinical examination.
I request you to give me the answers of the queries so that I would be better able to help you out.
It appears to be due to gastroenteritis
According to the details provided, it appears to be due to gastroenteritis.Most of the time it is due to viral infection and symptomatic management is needed.
As there is disturbances in normal gut flora in gastroenteritis, giving Bifilac will help.
If pain is severe enough to disturb sleep an antispasmodic agent like dicyclomine may be needed. If vomiting recurs antiemeric like ondensetron may also be needed.Both of these are prescription medicines, please get it prescribed by your physician.
Give plenty of fluids (ORS) to prevent dehydration.
You can also give zinc syrup for early recovery.
Watch for urinary frequency,general activity and oral acceptance for monitoring dehydration and if you find any abnormality consult your physician.
I hope this answers your query.If you have any further query I shall be glad to solve it.If you don't have any please close the discussion and rate it.
Wish your child speedy recovery
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for sudden stomach ache
- Suggest treatment for distended stomach with stomach ache
- Treatment for stomach ache during pregnancy
- What is the treatment for severe stomach ache with diarrhea
- Stomach ache and gastric problem suggest treatment
- What is the treatment for persistent stomach ache
- Suggest treatment for stomach ache in a child
- Suggest treatment for stomach ache
- What is the cause and treatment for stomach ache
- Treatment and cure for chronic stomach ache
- What does my stool test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for respiratory tract infection in an infant
- Suggest treatment for chesty cough and blocked nose
- What does this CECT abdomen report indicate?
- Suggest remedy for cough and breathing problem in an infant
- What causes recurrent pain abdomen with vomiting?
- What is the cause and treatment for poor appetite in an infant?
- Suggest treatment for low appetite and different pattern of behavior in...
- Suggest treatment for asthma in a 5 year old
- What causes swollen lymph node in groin area of a child?