Suggest treatment for severe sore throat and cough

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Thu, 12 Jan 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: It started with a grueling soar throat with coughing.
Than there is still coughing but no more sore throat,
The part that alarmed me was I slept for about 24 hrs with no desire to get up
This has never happened to me.
Also I did not eat for about 30 hrs. When I ate it was chicken noodle soup only about 1/3 of the can.
Also my skin was standing up when pinched but I started drinking water now that as gone away.
What could this be?
Please do not charge this monthly this is a one case deal.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergic cough

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.

You seem to be suffering from Acute Bronchitis or a Lower respiratory tract infection.
So, getting a Chest X-ray along with a blood count is a good idea to rule out infection.
If, there is no infection, you would just need to be treated for allergic cough.

Treatment constitutes anti allergic drugs like Levocetrzine and Montelukast and in severe cases inhalers containing like Salbutamol and Steriod inhaler like Budenoside.

If you don't have a severe cough or respiratory distress, and your chest id found clear on examination, then a cough syrup containing Salbutamol, Levocetrizine, Dextromethorphan will help you greatly.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any other query, you may please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD