Suggest treatment for severe sinusitis
The description is typical of a person of a sinusitis
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have carefully gone through the details that you have provided. The description is typical of a person with sinusitis. Sinuses are air pockets in the front of our skull and they are lined by thin mucus membrane where the blood supply is very poor. Hence, medicines do not reach there properly. There is a thin tube that connects between the inner part of our throat to the middle ear cavity. This tube equalizes the air pressure inside the middle ear cavity with that of the outside. You are having an allergic reaction which is responsible for the sinusitis. This is also responsible for what is called post nasal drip. This mucus is clogging the tube and the pressure difference is causing the clogged sensation in your ears. Of the entire scenario nothing is supposed to show up on any imaging study.
You need two interventions in particular. First is that you need to take some antiallergic for a few days when you have such an episode. Cetirizine is over the counter but other better ones are prescription only. The next thing is to take steam inhalation. This is the mainstay of treatment. Water in the form of vapor will reach deep inside and will help in diluting the cough and would thereby provide relief.
You may take paracetamol/acetaminophen as and when required.
Try these and you should get some relief.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe sinus infection causes
- Symptoms of severe sinus infection
- Severe sinusitis precaution
- Severe sinusitis symptoms
- Severe sinus infection death
- Treatment for severe sinusitis
- Treatment and cure for severe sinus infection
- Severe sinus pain
- Severe sinus infection no fever
- Cure for severe sinus infection
- What causes shots available to treat knee pain post injury?
- Suggest treatment for withdrawal symptoms of Hydrocodone
- Suggest remedy for anger when recovering from sepsis
- Suggest remedy to maintain hair growth and nail growth
- Suggest treatment for headache, stomach pain and black floating stool
- Suggest treatment for chronic cough and allergy
- Suggest treatment for chest congestion
- What causes pain in the right side arm after removal of cancerous lung?
- Suggest treatment for strep, pseudomonas aeruginosa and growth of anaerobes
- Suggest treatment for rashes on face