Suggest treatment for severe sinusitis
Taking steam inhalation should be helpful.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Sinusitis might be difficult to treat. Sinuses are air pockets deep inside our skull and since the blood supply is poor, medicines do not reach there properly. Steam inhalation is however helpful and may help you to breathe properly. Water in the form of vapor can reach deep inside the sinuses and may help in diluting the cough and should provide relief.
Sinusitis usually has an allergic cause and could be related to some sort of viral respiratory tract infections. Pollens may or may not be involved. Some antiallergic like Zyrtec taken for a few days can be helpful.
Hope that helps.
Dr. Kunal Saha
No medicines need to be added. Just plain water for steam
Thanks for writing back. Sorry for not being able to respond earlier.
I am talking about steam using plain hot water and nothing else. No medicines need to be added.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe sinus infection causes
- Symptoms of severe sinus infection
- Severe sinusitis precaution
- Severe sinusitis symptoms
- Severe sinus infection death
- Treatment for severe sinusitis
- Treatment and cure for severe sinus infection
- Severe sinus pain
- Severe sinus infection no fever
- Cure for severe sinus infection