Suggest treatment for severe sinus pain, sore throat ans swollen glands
Acute sinusitis and pharyngitis..,
Thanks for posting the query; I will try my best to help you with this problem.
According to the history, I do feel, you could be suffering from Acute Sinusitis and Pharyngitis. Z-pack alone may not be sufficient enough to treat this.
The earache you get while traveling could be due to the blockage of the 'Eustachian tube' (the tube connecting nose and the ears).
Do not worry! With appropriate measures the symptoms will definitely reduce. My suggestions to you are:
1. Drink plenty of warm water.
2. Do steam inhalation 2-3 times a day for at least 2 min.
3. Use saline nasal spray, to decongest the nose and clear the secretions.
4. Try taking mucolytics such as bromhexine or ambroxol.
5. Anti-inflammatory medicine such as Ibuprofen or diclofenac is beneficial in reduce the pain and inflammation.
6. Avoid chilled food and beverages/coffee/fizzy drinks/smoking.
With the above measures you should be definitely alright within 3-4 days. If the symptoms persist, please consult an apt ENT specialist for a nasal endoscopy and CT Scan of the sinuses (if required).
Hope this answers your query; revert back to me if you have any follow up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for swollen glands sore throat loss of voice
- Swollen glands but no sore throat
- Sore throat and swollen glands
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache and ear pain
- Sore throat swollen neck glands sinus congestion
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and severe coughing
- Suggest treatment for sore throat
- Treatment for sore throat pain
- Sore throat swollen glands sinus congestion
- What is the treatment for severe sore throat after sinusitis