Suggest treatment for severe shoulder pain

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 24 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: i have upper right shoulder pain that started this morning when i awoke. it hurtsi . when i get up or move around thr pain comes from the musel. i have a fib and mitral valve repair (3 times) mast 3 yrs ago.i onle have one symtom
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is less likely to be a cardiac problem.

Detailed Answer:

This is less likely to be a cardiac problem. Most probably this is muscle strain occurred during sleep. There can be a possibility of cervical pain occurring due to nerve compression, probably due to abnormal sleeping position.

It should resolve in a day or two. You can get medicines prescribed like Tab Flexon MR whenever needed basis upto two times a day along with some antacid like tab pantoprazole beforebreakfast once a day. If Flexon MR is not available then you can have Tab ibuprofen 400 mg or Diclofenac 50 mg whenever needed along with some muscle relaxant like tab Myoril (thiocolchiside) 4 mg whenever needed up to Thrice a day. Use diclofenac spray or gel for local application, hot water fomentation etc.

If this doesn't resolve then we ll need one x ray cervical spine AP/Lateral view to look for status of cervical spine, and some more medicine.

Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts or any more information to share.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D