question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe shortness of breath and vomiting

Posted on Fri, 15 May 2015
Question: Last night I stated experiencing shortness of breath. About eight at night it started and at ten I could hardly stand or walk up the stairs without gasping. I laid down and slept late this morning but still have shortness of breath. Most of the night I went from laying down in bed to sitting up to get my breath. In the middle of the night I threw up twice. I did not feel sick but it came up into my mouth and I threw it up. This morning I am still fighting for air.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (20 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Visit the ER without delay.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

You should visit the emergency room of a hospital without delay. The cause of this distress may be cardiac or respiratory. Your vital organs might not be getting adequate oxygen. It may need urgent management, failure to provide which might be critical for your life. I strongly insist that you call 911 services without any further delay.

Dr. Kunal Saha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha