• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for severe right eye pain

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: am having pain in outer corner of right eye with slight mucus build up and slight inflamation
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for sending the question.

It sounds like you may be dealing with a case of conjunctivitis or pinkeye. This can be caused by viruses or sometimes bacteria.

Conjunctivitis can cause irritation, redness and a discharge. since your symptoms have been persistent you might benefit from a topical antibiotic solution that can be provided by your local physician.

You could try some warm compresses for several minutes 3 to 4 times per day to see if this helps alleviate some of the information. If the discomfort and discharge persist, however, I would recommend that you contact your local physician for examination and possibly to obtain a prescription of a topical antibiotic to alleviate your symptoms.

Thank you again for sending the question. Let me know if I can assist you further.


Dr. Galamaga

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Answered by
Dr. Robert Galamaga


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 2638 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Topical antibiotic

doctor1 MD

My wife has had sores on her arms and legs for about 1 year. They're not painful unless she picks at them. When she does pick at them, there's a...

doctor1 MD

Hey doctor, Recently I noticed this black spot on the right side of my throat and I was just wondering if this is something I should get checked...

doctor1 MD

I think i just got bit by a spider. A lot of white spots that look like pimples , its red and swelling.

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

160 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Robert Galamaga
  • Q - Is chemo-therapy effective in treatment of carcinoma of the esophagus?

  • Q - What does a lump on nipple indicate?

  • Q - What causes MGUS with a M-spike of .2?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for depression with anxiety

  • Q - What causes high BP and low platelet count?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for stage 4 rectal cancer

  • Q - Can Arimidex usage cause raised bumps on arms and neck?

  • Q - What does low WBC count indicate?

  • Q - Does Gleason of 9 and PSA of 96 indicate prostate cancer?

  • Q - Does my blood work indicate cancer?