Suggest treatment for severe pulmonary hypertension
Knowing my husband as I do, I believe he has only weeks, not months or years left. There is no realistic hope that this new breathing machine (a step above a bipap) will improve his breathing to any useful degree. I realize you don't have the figures or results of various tests, but I wonder if you would generally agree with my estimation of his remaining life.
I feel he may pull upto 1-2 months.
Thanks for posting your query.
I went though your query and I can understand your concern. See COPD is a slowly developing disease , so even before he started noticing symptoms of COPD , the disease was affecting in his body few years before itself. So any disease that runs its course over years , the body starts adjusting with the disease and with the limited available health.
So , even though your husband is in terminal stages his body can still tolerate these condition and with the help of Bipap he can still live for few more months than weeks . ( This is as of COPD is concerned )
But if we consider his Atrial fibrillation , then I need to know the severity of that. If his heart rate is extremely high then yes , his chances of survival is 1-2 weeks . But if his heart rate is in normal range then he may carry on for months.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for restrictive pulmonary hypertension
- Sildenafil treatment for pulmonary hypertension
- Treatment and cure for significant pulmonary hypertension
- Severe pulmonary hypertension prognosis
- Treatment and cure for early pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary hypertension breathlessness hole in heart treatment
- Ayurvedic treatment of pulmonary hypertension
- Diagnosed with crest syndrome pulmonary hypertension treatment
- Treatment and cure for Pulmonary hypertensions
- Natural treatments for pulmonary hypertension