Suggest treatment for severe pneumonia

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 9 Mar 2017 in Infections
Question: What is the best treatment for Klebsiella pneumonia uti and vaginal. Antibiotics or Homeopathic?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

You should definitely choose antibiotic treatment since Klebsiella urinary and genital infections may be very resistant and unpleasant and may require more than one antibiotic.

Homeopathy won't help to cure it but may be beneficial so you can use it, as well drinking raspberry tea or juice and more fluids, but antibiotics are definitely required with Cepahlosporines or Norfloxacin groups.

Feel free to ask further.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 34 minutes later
Doctor recommends Cipro 500 mg. twice a day for 5 days. I am scared of antibiotics since I have taken so many last year and I have vaginal and urethra burn and pain. What would be the best probiotic when taking antibiotics?
thanks
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow-up

Detailed Answer:

For this bacteria, antibiotic should be taken. This will be more beneficial than harmful for you.

You can take Ultra Flora probiotic or Bio-Kult for example, but any probiotic is good and it will prevent any bowel irritation during the antibiotic course.

Wish you good health.