Suggest treatment for severe pneumonia, fever and cough

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: my friend (25 years) is suffering from pneumonia . he also has fever & cough.doctor has prescribed cefmol injection( 10 nos.) . one injection every 12 hours.he has taken 5 injection. his fever has reduced but he is not fully well .dry cough has not reduced.shall we go to some other doctor.
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
you should continue with the medication.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.
Pneumonia takes few days to weeks for complete recovery.
After reading your post, it is evident that your friend is recovering from the disease as now he is not having fever. You should continue with the prescribed medications.
Steam inhalation will help in relief of cough.
You can give cough expectorant syrup containing Ambroxol or Guaneiphesin after discussing with your doctor.
I hope this is helpful to you. If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Thanks.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj