Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for severe plantar fasciitis

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 5165 Questions
Hi , Since last 2 years I am suffering with severe plantar fasciitis , both the heels pain a lot ... Please tell me preferred line of treatment
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Explained below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us, I have studied your case with diligence. As per your symptoms there is possibility of calcaneal spur along with plantar fasciitis. It is advisable to wear low heel shoe to maintain centre of gravity of whole body. Shoe/footwear should be with soft sole. You can use silicon pad insoles. You may need x ray heel to see bony overgrowth. Start plantar exercises consulting physiotherapist also Physiotherapy like TENS and ultrasound will help. Take calcium supplement with vit D. If no relief with this line of treatment then local injection shot can give pain relief for longer duration. Last modality is minimally invasive surgery to release inflamed tissue. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor