Suggest treatment for severe pimples

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: HI I have this cluster of pimples for over a week I'm 31 and never had anything like this. is this acne or a rash?
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
acne vulgaris

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Welcome to Healthcaremagic.com.
I have read your query.
I have seen the attached photograph also.
I understand your concern.

As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is Acne vulgaris only.
Acne can start appearing at any age in a person.
I can see mutiple red colored eruptions over your cheek and few on upper chest. I guess similar eruptions must be present over another cheek also.

In such type of patients, i prefer to start oral antibiotics like doxycycline / minocycline / azithromycin. For topical application, clindamycin in the morning and Benzoyl peroxide alternatively with topical retinoids in night time work very well
Avoid hair oil application and oily food in diet.

I would like to know following details:
1) Have you recently change any of your cosmetics?
2) Any history of medications intake?
3) History of recent weight gain or menstrual irregularities or excess hair growth on body?
4) Have you Dandruff on scalp?

Kindly reply to my questions so that I can help you to my best.
I hope this information helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist