Suggest treatment for severe persistent fever in a child

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Child Health
Question: My 6.5 year old kid is having fever from last 3 days with Coughton, headache, throathe & stomach pain. My doctor suggested to given criminal ds 5ml for every 6hrs and cherricough to suppress cough.

Followed the same still my kids is not recovered at timea he is vomiting with yellow fluid and food intake is reduced due to throat and stomach pain. Please advice on this.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be a viral infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

Your child is probably suffering from a viral infection. Irrespective of treatment, such fevers usually take 5-7 days before recovery occurs. The yellow fluid vomiting is bilious vomiting. It occurs due to empty stomach which also leads to hyperacidity and hence the stomach pain. Giving Lanzol Junior 15 (lansoprazole) once daily will help in reducing it. You also need to give food in small amounts. Give ORS (oral rehydration solution) if there is frequent vomiting.

Please be patient. Recovery will soon occur.